Sunday, December 29, 2013

5 Simple Financial Moves I Plan to Make in 2014



As the New Year approaches, you may be evaluated your life and decide on changes that you want to make. Some of these changes need to be financial changes. The following are some simple but effective financial changes that I plan to make in the upcoming year in order to transform my finances. These changes may also work for you.

Set Financial Goals

The first financial step you will need to make involves financial planning. You should set financial goals for the upcoming year. These goals will not only be for the New Year, but for years to come. You should decide what you want to accomplish financially. I know that I want to start saving more money. I know that I want to build a financial foundation for my son. I also know I want to increase my income. So, even if all I want to do is build up my financial portfolio, I know I will need to sit down and think about what my financial goals are. Then, I will have to decide how much money I will need to make or save in order to reach those financial goals. And, you should do the same. Decide what you want to accomplish financial in the upcoming year.

Do an Inventory

Next, I will do a financial inventory. This will allow me to see how much money I actually have. This financial inventory will include the money I have in my checking account and any other assets that I might have.  If I had stocks, bonds, or CDs, I would include them. If you have any of these things, you will also need to include them in your financial inventory.

Prioritize

Next, I will need to decide which of my financial goals is the most important. I will need to see where I need to concentrate my efforts the most. You should also do the same.

Research

There is the hard part. In order to make financial changes, I will have to do some research. Because I was not a business major and I don’t know anything about the stock market, I will have to do some research. I need to know how to buy stocks, which programs to invest money in, and how to increase my income. Some of the ways I can do that is by attending financial workshops, taking classes, taking with other entrepreneurs, purchasing books on the topic, and even researching the information in the internet.

Pay Yourself

I must learn how to pay myself first. I have heard it said all the time, but I will admit that I rarely do it. I will need to change this habit. I will have to start with adjusting my budget to make this accommodation.  If you haven’t already, you should consider making this financial change too.

Invest

Although I don’t know a whole lot about invest, I do know it is something I want to do in the upcoming year. I also know that it will take at least $500.00 to $1, 000.00 to purchase stock. So, I will be spending some time researching how to invest and what steps I need to take to begin making money.

These are five financial changes I plan to make in the upcoming year. They may also work for you.
http://finance-yahoo.com/news/first-person-dangerous-financial-errors-youth-214200932.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/financial-steps-teens-take-now-12191111.html
http://voices.yahoo.com/five-financial-planning-tips-newbies-4224853.html

No comments:

Post a Comment