Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Five of My Favorite Articles about Spring on Yahoo Voices


5 Great Spring Articles on Yahoo Voices

As spring moves in, my mind moves toward the great outdoors and toward ways to quickly and effectively liven up my home. The following are five of my favorite articles about spring on Yahoo Voices.

Number 1: Spring Decorating Ideas Bring New Life to Your Kitchen by Jennifer Drake.

I love this spring article. It discusses the many ways to bring your kitchen to life as the weather warms up. This article recommends letting the sunshine in and changing out the dark colors in the kitchen. The article suggests using more delicate, airy alternatives to the heavy, dark curtains and coverings. Two even simpler suggestions were to place spring flowers in the kitchen or to use a plain bowl of fruit as a centerpiece on top of spring themed linens.

Number 2:  5 Ways to Bring Spring into Your Kitchen by Sally Albright

My second favorite spring article is by Sally Albright. This is another article that discusses ways to bring springtime into your kitchen. Of course, flowers are a great way to give your kitchen a pop of spring. Some spring flowers that are suggested in the article are tulips, daffodils, and roses. These can be placed in vases and strategically placed in your kitchen.

Live flowers are great, but they are not the only way to bring spring into the kitchen. Dried flowers are another ways to add life to the kitchen. Albright suggests tying dried flowers together and hanging them upside down in kitchen windows.

Citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, and oranges can also be placed in clear vases and displayed on counters or the kitchen table. Not only are these pretty, but they are also edible.

Number 3: 5 Ways to Bring Spring into Your Living Room by Sally Albright

My next favorite Yahoo spring article is also by Sally Albright. It discusses easy ways to change the face of your living room to fit the warm weather. Instead of sticking with those dark colors, she recommends lightening up your couch or sofa with decorative slipcovers. 

Another way she suggests to bring spring into your living room is by using removable wall border in spring print. She also recommends decorating the living room walls with spring themed wreathes. I especially love these ideas because they give me the ability to change the look of my living room without having to repaint my walls.

Number 4: How to Incorporate Silver into Your Spring Wardrobe by Lawanda Shields

I am a fashionsista. I love to read about fashion and style. This is one of my own articles, but I love it because I got to write about something I love-fashion. In this article, I discussed ways that silver can be worn even in warm weather. So, don’t feel confined to pastels for spring. Metallics can also be successful worn in spring, and this article discusses how.

Number 5: 5 Must Have Spring Fashion Trends for 2014 by Melissa Matters

This article is a newbie, but one that I like. Pastels are synonymous with spring, but that doesn’t you can’t wear classic foundation colors. This article discusses ways to incorporate black and white into a spring wardrobe. It discusses how to successfully wear metallics during the spring. It also discusses another hot spring trend for this year. That trend is the wide leg trouser. I love wide leg trousers, and they can be worn in every season.

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the longer days and warmer weather. The articles listed above are some of my favorites, and they help me to transition from winter to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment