Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Couponing Diva Victory



Summer is here, and now, I can get back to one of my favorite things: couponing. I love couponing. It saves me money, and I get to purchase the products I need for a low price.

Well, I went on a couponing mission on Saturday at our local Dollar General store. I used my $5.00 off of $25.00. I also uploaded the store coupons on the website. And, I used coupons from my local newspaper.  I spent $57.00 on items that should have cost me about $80.00. I had a savings of 22%. This was awesome, but in all honesty, I wanted to have a savings of about 50%. Well, I didn’t make it on this particular trip, but when I looked at my saving for the last 30 days (on the store website), I had an overall savings of 88%. Can you say, “Awesome!”?

To add icing to the cake, on my store receipt, I got another opportunity to save more money. They offered a coupon for $3.00 off of $15.00 for completing a survey about the store. I did the survey and got the coupon.
When I did couponing more regularly, I always put about $20.00 back and purchased one particular item. My goal for the month of July is to store up on my favorite toothpaste. So, I will be actively looking for toothpaste coupons. I had 5 years’ worth of toothpaste. I am just now running out, and I want to store back up. I also have plans to load up on laundry detergent and shower gel.


No comments:

Post a Comment