Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Black hair: Don't Touch

Sistas, has anyone asked you lately to touch your hair? If they have you are not alone. People of all races seem to be fascinated with our hair. It doesn't matter if it is your natural hair, braids, extensions, or even a wig. Other races are especially fascinated with our hair. And, like the lady in the article below stated, I have even caught people of other races trying to touch my hair when I was not looking. What's the big deal? It is only hair-real or fake. It is just hair. And, yes, black women can have naturally long hair. And, yes, other races also wear wigs and hair extensions. Sistas, you are not alone. No, I don't think that certain grades of hair are better than others. "There is no such thing to me as "good hair". All of our hair is good. If we take care of our hair, it can grown and be just as health as other races. Would you let some stranger touch your hair?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/07/25/touching.natural.black.hair/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I think they are fascinated with our versatility in regards of our hair. They have variations but not that many. I wear hair pieces and get comments all the time about how I can change my hair styles. I am very upfront that I wear pieces when they ask questions so they can understand what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point. I have noticed the same thing. I too wear a variety of different hair pieces, and I have had the same comments. I do love that we can change our hair at will.

      Delete