Saturday, April 26, 2014

Martial Submission: A Single Girl's Take


 

 

So many women today are independent. And, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with being able to pay your own bills and handle your business. I am a single woman, and I am independent. I have to be. I have to do it all myself. Believe me, this gets rough at times. For married women, things are a little different. They don’t have to fight all of their battles alone. They do have the convenience of having a man around (at least he is supposed to be around). With the convenience of a male partner, comes the age old question of marital submission. Should an independent woman submit to her husband?

Before all of you single gals go to roaring in outrage, let’s truly look at the question. Should a wife have to submit to her husband? When I was younger, the answer would have been “no” so fast until it would have made your head spin. However, now I am a little older and a lot wiser. No, I don’t think that a wife should act like a pet and go fetch whenever her husband tells her to. But, I do think that a man is the head of the house, and we should allow them to be just that. Yes, I do believe that my husband-whenever he shows up-should be able to give me some sound advice and I follow it. The reason that I can say this is because I believe that I should have sense enough to marry someone who is intelligent, kind, and godly. So, if my husband loves me and he loves God, I don’t think he would ask me to do anything wrong. I don’t think he would abuse his place as the head of the house or me.

As black women, we are so used to be the leader in our homes. We are not used to letting our men lead us anywhere. We want to be the boss, and we laugh at our friends who allow their husband to help make decisions. Our money is our money. So, we will spend the way we want to. We are not obligated to ask our husbands anything.

You know, men only want a few things from us. They want to be respected. They want to be loved. They want to be honored. So, why can’t we do that? Why can’t we allow them to help us?

As a single lady, I don’t think there is anything wrong with martial submission as long as you are submitting to the right man. Think about it.

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to randomly flirting with girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy bars and restaurants...

    Then I urge you to view this eye-opening video to unveil a weird secret that can literally get you your personal harem of sexy women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete