Saturday, June 7, 2014

How Couponing Helped Me Achieve a Lifelong Dream




 
One of my photography clients
 
I first became turned on to couponing after watching “Extreme Couponing” on TLC. It opened my eyes to the wonderful things that I could do with coupons. After watching only one show, I was hooked. I became fascinated by couponing and the things that it could do for me.  I began couponing two years ago, and I can’t imagine life without coupons. Couponing not only helped me to save hundreds of dollars on groceries and other items, but it also helped me to achieve a lifelong dream and to start my own business.
I wanted to be a writer all my life. Although I had won a few writing contests, I did not know how to make my dream a reality. It was through my hunt for more knowledge on how to successfully use my coupons that I discovered how to become a published writer. While reading article on The KrazyCouponLady, I discovered an article that explained how to publish articles for online sites like Yahoo Voices and Helium Network. I was intrigued by the article, and I decided to give online writing a try. The first site that I tried was Helium. It was there that I learned how to write online articles. My next stop was Yahoo Voices. Now, two years later, I am a content writer for two online sites and the host of four blogs.
Not only did I want to become a published writer, but I have always had a passion for photography. I loved taking pictures, and I worked hard to give those pictures a polished, professional look. Even though I worked miracles with my camera, I couldn’t capture some of the more difficult shots that only a more expensive camera could. I wanted to start a photography business, but I knew I would need to upgrade my camera. The problem was I need the money to purchase the better camera.
This is where couponing came in again. I sat down and figured out how much money I would need to save in order to purchase a new camera. Through couponing and careful budgeting, I was able to save enough money to purchase the camera I needed. Thanks to couponing, I was able to start my own photography business.
My love for couponing has helped me achieve two of my lifelong dreams. It helped me become a published writer and the owner of my own photography business.

No comments:

Post a Comment